Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Winter weather finally paid a visit to Prizren on Monday.  We had several weeks of foggy/smoggy weather where we hardly saw the sun or the surrounding mountains, which reminded us of our days in Bakersfield.  But the other day a heavy sleet started mid-morning and then quickly turned to snow for a few hours.  Total snowfall was only about an inch, but it left a nice white dusting all over town.  The morning after the storm it was beautifully clear and sunny, so I headed up toward the fortress to see if I could get some pictures of the high mountains in Montenegro.  Those mountains are located about 50 miles NW of Prizren.  Everything looked sharp and clear with my polarized sunglasses, but the mountains are a little hazy in my photos posted below.  Guess I'd better get a polarizing filter for my camera.  I'm sure we will get much more snow before the winter is over, so I will probably have more chances to get clearer photos in the near future.  Until then, hope you enjoy some winter shots of Kosovo.
Those are a couple of views from our back porch, looking east.
Two shots of the distant mountains in Montenegro, and the "Chamber of Commerce" shot of the Old Stone Bridge across the Lumbardhi with snowcapped Pashtrik in the distance.
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those mountains are beautiful. What do you guess the average elevation for those are? Good pictures! I haven't had time to look at the blog, but glad I'm catching up now. MYL/LOL

    ReplyDelete